My Life As A Dog!

Hi I am Emma the dog!  I live with Jodie, Darin, Max and Ben. I live really close to the woods and I love my backyard. I live in a really big house with my family.

I am an English Springer Spaniel and I am kind of fluffy. Normally I have a really nice haircut and I don’t smell bad. The quarantine has made me smell because I don’t get to go to the groomer. And I’m always itchy and always licking my feet. My mom always tries to give me a bath but I don’t want a bath so I run away.

I don’t know why my family’s here so much more. I really like that they’re home more. I love that my boy is always here and I get  to sit under the table while he does his homework.. My dad is always tapping on a box- I think they called it a computer.

Sometimes when people don’t let me in a room I just open the door. My family says it’s my new trick. Iget treats for doing lots of other good tricks. I can sit, lay down, roll over, whisper, bark, shake and high five! My humans give me lots of treats and pats when I do those things. Sometimes I want treats for doing nothing.

One of my favorite things to do is go on walks with my humans. I also like to go play at the park. My dad lets me off my leash and I get to run around. He gets upset if I go into the woods because once when I did that I got hurt. I like to chase the birds, squirrels and bunnies in my yard. I almost caught a hummingbird the other day. My mom said “Emma No!”- she was upset.

I love to play with other dogs. Do you have an English Springer Spaniel? Do they want to have a playdate with me? 

One thought on “My Life As A Dog!

1. This was awesome to read! I love how you took on the attitude of your dog!
    She sounds like a great dog, wish I had one!
    Have a great summer!
    Mrs. Ternes